Site Selectors Guild Announces Election of New Board Chairman, Board Members
Tucson, AZ, April 12, 2017—The Site Selectors Guild (SSG), the world’s largest group of senior location advisors, is pleased to announce the election of Mark Williams as chairman of the board at the SSG annual meeting in March.
Williams has been a member of SSG for four years and previously served on the board as treasurer. He is the founder and president of the Strategic Development Group, a business-consulting firm providing site selection and location incentive negotiation services.
“It is an honor to serve as chairman of the board for the Guild,” said Williams. “The previous chairman, Phil Schneider, did a tremendous job in this role, and I look forward to continued success.”
The mission of the Guild is to advance the profession of corporate location strategy by raising awareness of the value professional location strategy and site selection services create for corporations; sharing thought leadership and best practices; developing and nurturing relationships between SSG members, economic development organizations and corporate stakeholders; and contributing to policy discussions that affect location strategy and the future of the profession.
In addition to the chairman, the following Guild members have been elected to the board and will serve as the officers:
- Phil Schneider, president of Schneider Consulting LLC, remains on the board as vice chair
- Didi Caldwell, principal at Global Location Strategies, now serves the board as treasurer
- Andy Shapiro, managing director at Biggins Lacy Shapiro, remains on the board as secretary
- Don Schjeldahl, principal at the Don Schjeldahl Group, also remains on the board
- Bob Hess, executive managing director at Newmark Grubb Knight Frank Global Corporate Services, also remains on the board
- New to the SSG board is Christopher D. Lloyd, senior vice president and director of infrastructure and economic development for McGuireWoods Consulting
- Michelle Comerford, project director and industrial and supply chain practice lead at Biggins Lacy Shapiro, will continue to serve as special advisor to the board
- Dennis Donovan, partner at Wadley Donovan Gutshaw Consulting, will remain as a board advisor
- Will Hearn, senior vice president at CBRE, will also join as a board advisor
About The Site Selectors Guild
The Site Selectors Guild is a professional association comprised of the world’s most respected site selection consultants. The mission of The Site Selectors Guild is to advance the profession of international corporate site selection by promoting the profession and providing education, networking and other services to those involved in the industry.
All members of The Site Selectors Guild have been nominated and approved by their industry peers. As the first and only group of its kind, the Site Selectors Guild brings together a dynamic network of site selectors from around the world, combining their talent and expertise to create an invaluable resource, unmatched in its quality, for both corporations seeking site selection assistance and economic development organizations.
For more information see www.siteselectorsguild.com