Client Alignment on Key Site Location Factors is Critical to Project Success
The most critical step of any site location project is to obtain executive input and consensus at the beginning of the project. It is especially important to obtain input regarding key decision factors and the relative importance of these factors. A capable site selection consultant will verify this information before starting to search for sites and use it to reduce expenditure of resources, including time and money, while identifying the best site location. Examples of key site search decision factors may include but not be limited to:
- Geographical location that optimizes supply chain and customer access,
- Skilled local workforce that optimizes quality and efficiency,
- Distance from competitors, organized workforces or other factors perceived to be negative,
- Proximity of interstate, rail and air access, and
- Location providing the lowest start-up and operating costs.
Initiating a search without alignment of critical site location factors at project start-up can be costly, time consuming, and result in less than optimum location selection that hampers a facility’s ability to compete and maximize profit for the life of the project.
Strategic Development Group, Inc. provides site selection and negotiation services for a diverse range of manufacturing and corporate headquarters location projects. We would be pleased to discuss your company’s site location needs.